Have You Suffered from Lead Poisoning?
Lead poisoning occurs when an individual is exposed to lead, and this results in dangerous levels of this substance in the body, leading to illness or even death. Lead poisoning is most commonly caused by exposure to lead paints that were used commercially and in residential properties leading up to the 1960s.
Children living in older homes may be at a particular risk of lead poisoning, as they may put hands, toys or other objects in their mouths that have lead dust on them or may even eat lead paint chips that peel off the walls. Children are known for putting anything and everything in their mouths, and living or playing in an environment where lead paint and/or dust are prevalent puts them at an increased risk of injury.
Effects of Lead Poisoning
Lead poisoning typically affects the entire body. The central nervous system, kidneys and reproductive systems may suffer from lead poisoning, particularly in children that are growing and developing. At high levels, lead poisoning may lead to convulsions, coma, and even death. Fortunately, there is hope when you consult with an attorney regarding your case. You can find out your options, which may result in your being able to provide a better future for yourself and your family.
If you or your child has suffered from lead poisoning, please contact our law firm as soon as possible. We may be able to help you seek and recover financial compensation for your injuries, in order to pay for medical care, any lost earnings, and other damages. Best of all, your initial consultation is free. This may be the opportunity you need to learn more about your case and taking legal action against the building owner, public housing authority or other party responsible for your exposure.