Power cords are a simple invention that allows an appliance to receive the electrical energy it needs from an outlet. Most of the time, we never think about the inherent dangers that come with these cords, but the fact is that they are often a serious safety hazard. Power cords can be a strangling device, a barrier which causes people to trip, and a damaging pull-cord that sends appliances crashing down.
Normally, these cords are even more dangerous when handled by an infant. Parents are told to safeguard their home when they bring home a baby so that when that little infant gets to an exploring age, he won’t pull the cord down and cause a lamp, Kitchen-Aid, or stereo to fall on his head.
It is suggested that men and women tape down their cords when there are children around that could possibly toy with or get entangled in them. If your child was injured at a daycare or school where they did not take safety precautions with the cords on their appliances, then you might be able to seek damages, especially if your child’s injury was significant.
However, power cord injuries aren’t only for babies. Adults can also trip when a stray power cord is left carelessly across a pedestrian path. At places like music concerts, churches, and media events, it is often common to have a lot of power cords that connect microphones to power or control boards to amplifiers.
When these cords are not hidden under protective covers or taped to the floor in a way that keeps them from being a hazard, people will get their foot caught underneath them and fall. If you have been victim to one of these damages, chances are that you have a lawsuit on your hands. Contact a personal injury attorney in Los Angeles for more information.